Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Welcome, World!

I've been blogging since October, but today is the first day that I have seen the direct effect of some of the more niche audiences discovering me. Earlier today, I posted a video from an old cartoon called Really Rosie. The cartoon was animated by Maurice Sendak and music was by Carole King. Take a look at the following reponse I received:

Now, I can only speculate at how this has happened. I'm assuming that some major Carole King fanchick (or dude!) has Carole King's name on Google Alert or something similar. Upon my post, and seeing Ms. King' name so close to Mr. Sendak's, the fanchick decided to check it out. Of course, I thought this was a random little video clip of a cartoon that many have long forgotten. I overlooked, however, the dedication and loyalty some fans have (I myself have a similar fandom in regard to Mr. John Mayer). I was shortly rebuked by Ms. Anonymous and she has scampered away as quickly as she happened upon me in the first place, I am sure. (Though I hope she continues to come around and perhaps reveals herself at some point!)

And so begins my journey into the world of technology and interwebs. I was on a footpath before, but I'm now at the edge of a uncharted internet forest. I cannot say ever again that I'm aware of all of my viewers. That's a very interesting matter-of-fact for a 22-year-old blogger with no stakes yet to lay claim to. I think it's probably one of the more interesting things about the blogosphere that it is so unpredictable. I relish the idea that many eyes belonging to many people I will never meet might be reading these words right now. As they say, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. So, without further ado...

Welcome, World!

No comments:

Post a Comment